5 Ways To Make Vintage Fashion Modern
In case you haven't been noticing, vintage is currently at the forefront of fashion. With celebrities like Kim Kardashian and Cardi B making vintage look "cool" all the girls want in. We have also been seeing vintage influences all over the runways including Karl Lagerfeld's last collection with Chanel.
So you have a few vintage pieces hiding in the back of your closet but don't know how to incorporate them into your current wardrobe. Don't fret, I got you covered! Keep reading for 5 ways to easily work in your vintage items for an effortlessly chic look. If you don't already own vintage and are looking to start your collection, click around the shop for some one of kind pieces.
1. Mix and Match- Mix formal with casual, for instance try a graphic tee with a silk vintage skirt for a fresh look.
2. Accessorize- Use trendy accessories like funky earrings or a belted bag.
3. Change Shoes- Break up your look and wear an unexpected shoe such as a sneaker or combat boot with a vintage dress.
4. When in Doubt, Wear Denim- Contrast your outfit with denim. Whether you are adding a denim jacket to a vintage dress or pairing a vintage top or jacket with distressed denim jeans, this will instantly make your look cool.
5. Explore Eras- Don't stick to one era, blend decades together. Wear an 80's blazer on top of a 40's slip dress or try a 50's poodle skirt with a 90's band tee. Have fun with it because the key is to not look like you tried too hard.